Wednesday 26 June 2013

Ooh La La!

Hi Bloggers!  I love Wednesdays, because I go to a weekly craft class at Sugar and Spice Crafts which is owned by the very talented Marion Emberson.  The Wednesday classes are run by a lovely, clever lady called Nina who teaches us lots of different techniques.  The other ladies there are great and we have lots of fun and get to craft for a couple of hours too!!


Today Marion took the class.  She is an expert with WOW! Embossing Powders and we made the mannequin embellishment on the canvas.  The whole mannequin is embossed with black.  The skirt is triple embossed and we stamped into the third layer of embossing.  The top of the mannequin is embossed using a coloured embossing powder - sorry, but I didn't make a note of the exact colour, but they can all be found on the Sugar and Spice website.  We made the rose using the coloured embossing powder, WOW! Melt-It and a silicone mould.  We tied a small piece of netting round the middle of the mannequin.  I added the rose charm and gems later.

For the canvas, I mixed modelling paste with a green PanPastel and spread this through a Pronty Mask Stencil - 'A4 Butterfly' to make the background and brushed the edges with 'old paper' distress ink.  I cut out the red and black card using Spellbinders 'Labels Twenty-Eight'.  The black card was embossed with an Embossalicious folder called 'Rose Garden' and I went over it with pewter gilding wax.  I made the corner embellishments using melted embossing powders and a Martha Stewart mould.

I would like to enter this into the Crafty Friends Challenge - 'Use a Charm'.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like it!

No comments :

Post a Comment