Tuesday 4 June 2013

Clarity Stamp Challenge 4 - 'Mr and Mrs'

 
Hello bloggers!  What a lovely sunny day we're having (at last!).  I made this card for the Clarity Stamp Challenge - 'Mr and Mrs'.  For the background, I cut a piece of ivory card just over 7" square and painted it with a mix of PVA and water.  I then scrunched up some white tissue paper, carefully opened it out and stuck it onto the card, going over it again with the PVA and water mix - I got this idea from Sue Wilson which she used on one of her cards in the Creative Expressions Project Book.  I stuck a piece of netting onto this once the glue had dried.  I stamped the sentiment ('Happy Sentiment Stamps') and characters ('Clarity Character Silhouette Stamps') with sepia archival and then embossed with a mix of white and glitter embossing powders.  I clear stamped Clarity's Floral Swirls and embossed with the same powders.  I used Spellbinders 'Vines of Passion' for the heart aperture and Spellbinders 'Jewel Flowers and Flourishes' for the flourishes which I cut using double sided adhesive sheets stuck on ivory card and covered with fine glitter (although this doesn't show up that well in the picture - must treat myself to a new camera one day!).  The rose is one I made with air dry clay and the hearts I made with melted UTEE mixed with a mica powder called 'Crushed Diamonds' poured into a heart shaped cookie cutter.  Finally, I stuck it all onto an 8" square card.
 
I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments :

  1. Lovely design Kim! Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty Kim and I love your embellishments, they're perfect! Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice I like this a lot xx

    ReplyDelete